- I was too lazy to go to the DFA main consular office in Parañaque City, which is far from my place. Satellite offices only accepted renewals then, and
- I was feeling discouraged due to reading from several blogs that they were not allowed inside the office because their documents were not enough to prove their identity. Back then I only had my birth certificate and no government-issued ID.
Fortunately, DFA has an online passport appointment system and they do not allow walk-ins except for senior citizens and children one year old and below. I registered for the 10:30am time slot and filled up, printed the application form - which is required to enter their office.
Time in: 10:00am
- Line up according to time slot. The first person in queue is given a cardboard with printed time slot to hold up.
- Have your application form ready. The guards need to see this so they can let you enter the office.
- Proceed to the Information Counter. They will check your application form and give you a number depending on your purpose (new application, renewal). Senior citizens and children one year old and below are given a separate set of numbers.
- Grab a seat and wait for your number to be shown on the TV on the right (near the Processing area). There are more than enough seats.
- When your number shows up, proceed to your assigned window in the Processing area. They will inspect your documents and verify your identity.
- After verification, proceed to the Cashier to pay the passport fee.
- Again, grab a seat and wait for your number to be shown, this time on the TV on the left (near the Encoding area).
- When your number shows up, proceed to your assigned window in the Encoding area. They will type in your details, have you check them for errors, and take your biometrics (thumbprints and photo).
- (Optional) Proceed to Courier area if you want to have your passport delivered to you. They use LBC as their courier.
Basic identification requirements:
- Birth Certificate from NSO or your local civil registrar
- Valid picture-bearing IDs
- Php 950.00 for regular (passport will be released in 15 business days)
- Php 1200.00 for express (passport will be released in 7 business days)
DFA Consular Office Locations:
- DFA Aseana ASEANA Business Park
- DFA SM City Manila 5F SM City Manila
- DFA Robinsons Galleria Lingkod Pinoy Center
- DFA SM Megamall 7F Megamall Bldg C
- DFA Metro Alabang 4F Metro Alabang Town Center
- DFA Ali Mall Level 3 Ali Mall - near the food court (Note: DFA website says Level 2 but they transferred)
Bradco Ave cor Macapagal Blvd
Arroceros and San Marcelino
Level 1 West Lane
EDSA cor Ortigas Ave
EDSA cor J Vargas Ave
Alabang - Zapote Rd